QDRO Counsel Inc., A Professional Law Corporation
Welcome to QDRO Counsel Inc., a professional law corporation. We are focused exclusively on the division of retirement benefits and service clients in Massachusetts. Let us know how we can help you.
Areas of Practice
- Qualified Domestic Relations Orders (“QDROs”) for private retirement plans
- Domestic Relations Orders (“DROs”) for nonqualified plans
- Domestic Relations Orders (“DROs”) for public retirement plans
- Employee Retirement Income Security Act (“ERISA”)
- IRC 408 Division Orders for individual retirement accounts (“IRAs”)
Since 1994, QDRO Counsel Inc.’s founder and president Louise Nixon has as an attorney specialized in determining the community or marital interest in pension benefits earned through employment and in consulting and/or drafting appropriate orders for the division and disposition of those interests. Visit our Attorney Profile page for more information about Louise Nixon.
QDRO Counsel Inc. handles all types of division orders. View our Firm Profile for more information about the Firm and the Services Provided. For general information about Qualified Domestic Relations Orders (“QDRO”) and the QDRO process in Massachusetts, review our Frequently Asked Questions.
QDRO Counsel Inc. is located in the Los Angeles suburb community of San Marino (adjacent to Pasadena) in the historic Mission District. While the firm welcomes visitors to its offices, almost all QDRO services are provided via phone, fax, e-mail, skype and mail. QDRO Counsel Inc. has staff that is bilingual in Spanish (view Staff Profiles).
The firm provides quality QDRO services for plans governed by federal law in Massachusetts. Examples of plans governed by federal law are as follows:
Types of Plans Governed by Federal Law Offered by Private Companies:
- Defined Benefit Plans
- Retirement Plans – Defined Benefit
- Pension Benefit Plans – Defined Benefit
- Cash Balance Defined Benefit Plans
- Defined Contributions Plans
- Savings Plans
- Profit Sharing Plans
- Money Purchase Pension Plans
- Deferred Compensation Plans
- 457 Deferred Compensation Plan
- 403(b) Deferred Compensation Plan
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- 401(k)s and other cash deferred plans
Federal Employees Public Plans:
- Civil Service Retirement System (CSRS)
- Federal Employees Retirement System (FERS)
- Judicial Retirement System (JRS/JSAS)
- Foreign Service Pension System (FSPS)
- Military pensions (DFAS)
- Thrift Savings Plan (TSP)
Note that most midsize to large employers, public and private, offer at least two (2) retirement plans, a defined benefit plan and a defined contribution plan.
Please call or e-mail us for more information about our services and prices. We welcome the opportunity to talk with you and discuss how we may be of service.
We accept VISA, MasterCard and Discover.
"I am very happy and relieved that this matter is - finally - resolved to my satisfaction (and to LACERA's satisfaction). Hurray! Thank you again for all your fine efforts on my behalf. I am definitely a grateful and satisfied client!"
"Wow, thank you for being gracious, intelligent and classy! I was so pleased that we could meet with you today and happier still that we could move from apprehension and misconception to signing in a matter of an hour or so. It was, no doubt, based on your openness and skills at communicating."
"I spoke with the senior legal analyst for CalSTRS. I indicated to her that you were the attorney in our pension division. The CalSTRS representative spoke very highly of you as an experienced and knowledgeable attorney dealing with CalSTRS issues! We are very pleased that you are the pension attorney in the case."
"Just a note to say thank you for what you have done for me. Great job. I will surely pass your name along to anyone in need of your services. Thanks again."
"You have been the best attorney I have ever had the pleasure to work with and I tell everyone about you. You have always been dependable, responsible, honest, caring, a woman of her word and TERRIFIC."
"Thank you! You've been great and I highly recommended you to my family lawyer. She said she would definitely refer her clients to you in the future."