Premium Service includes the following for one retirement account signed by both parties:
- One drafted (Q)DRO
- General explanations and presumptions for the drafted (Q)DRO
- Preapproval from the plan, if applicable
- Collection of the parties’ signatures
- Filing of the (Q)DRO and a proof of service with the court
- Serving of the finalized (Q)DRO on the plan and filing a proof of service with the court
The plan administrator may require changes to the (Q)DRO based on the policies of the plan. QDROCounsel will draft these revisions at no charge to ensure the language of the (Q)DRO conforms to that of the plan. If participation in the pension began before marriage, it is highly likely that the property belongs to the participating member. However, additional fees may apply to determine the extent of the marital property. Additional fees will apply for the following services that may also be necessary to draft your order: (Q)DRO Expert Review (required when QDROCounsel is the court appointed expert), determining marital interest, (Q)DRO Expert consultations and/or (Q)DRO Expert revisions. For more information, request a free consultation.